A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

8498035389_c6a5129a80_b

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. How much flour for this?

asked by MRubenzahl 8 months ago
Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

almost 2.5 oz.

With-giant-tomato

OK. You're saying the 1/2 cup is correct; the "almost 5 oz" is wrong. OK, thanks.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Hi, the recipe states, "... it should weigh nearly 2.5 ounces" not 5 ounces.

Photo_(4)

Me eyes tell me 1/2c. all-purpose flour, unsifted, measured by fluffing your flour with a spoon, casually scooping it into your measuring cup and levelling off (a very reliable method of measuring any kind of flour, second only to the scale in my kitchen). It's listed towards the end of the ingredients list, which is not where you'd expect it to be. Happy baking!

Photo_(4)

Oh dear . . . I was on my phone, and didn't see your qualifier. Sorry for the non-helpful answer. I second sexyLAMBCHOPx!

With-giant-tomato

Final comment: Somehow, I thought the recipe said nearly 5 ounces. Either I misread it (twice) or someone sneaked in and corrected it. (I pasted it into my recipe file and it also said 5, so I think someone corrected a typo.) Anyway, all answered now.