🔔
🔎

does anyone have a great gourmet entree to fix for company that is not time consuming

asked by martha edwards 11 months ago

How many people? Any restrictions such as vegetarian or vegan?

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Shrimp Scampi, Fish in Parchment, bouillabaisse - to name a few.

Junechamp

There are several that come to mind, but this chicken dish http://food52.com/recipes... is just about my most requested dish ever, and is easy to make.

Hard to recommend a menu without further information. The best thing is to do what you like - that might be most fun for you.

I love petite sirloin - lean, beefy, and takes only about 15 minutes to sear in a cast iron skillet. London broil is also lovely, especially if you take the time to marinate it ahead of time (even if only for 30 or so minutes) in oil, cider vinegar, and salt and pepper and garlic. It takes about 15-30 minutes under the broiler (on high), depending on how thick your cut is and how rare you like your beef.

Still wondering if the guests eat meat...

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Pegreen, the tag states entrée, beef, seafood...

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

oops Pegeen. sry.

Cimg0737

This shrimp and raddichio dish with bacon vinaigrette by EmilyC is one of my go-to dinner party dishes. It is delicious, looks impressive and takes very little time to prepare. http://food52.com/recipes...

Dsc00859_2

I very often roast whole chickens. Is that more time than you had in mind?

Thanks, sexyLAMPCHOPx - for some reason I did not see the tags. (It would be nice to see them when you click through to this page!)

I like tenderloin too for a group. Martha, you might also want to try doing a search on "shrimp and pasta" (magnifying glass in upper right of screen, choose Recipes from the pull-down menu). Lots of tasty recipes that don't require a lot of work.

I often think pasta is the least time consuming and least stressful. While your pasta is cooking, you can make the sauce, whether it's bolingese, carbonara, Parm with butter and pasta cooking liquid, etc. last week, brette posted about a dinner party she hosted. The pasta she made (and the whole menu, in fact) looked phenomenal, balanced, and simple.