🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

8498035389_c6a5129a80_b

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. How do I double or triple this recipe? I was hoping to use a 9 x13 pan and double ingredients. I'm a backing novice. They're incredible and need more!.

asked by sexyLAMBCHOPx 11 months ago
Gator_cake

Just literally double the recipe and use a 9 by 13. They'll take a little longer to bake (maybe 5 minutes), but otherwise the process should remain the same.

3-bizcard

If you are in doubt about a doubled amount simply measure as in the original recipe and do it twice or three times.

Me_in_munich_with_fish

At the risk of saying something obvious, I'll also add that you can just use two 8 or 9-inch square pans. But you should be fine using a 9x13. Also: I wholeheartedly agree. I made these brownies a few months ago, and they have been haunting my thoughts ever since. They might be the best brownies I've ever had, which I was not expecting. I've always thought that the best brownies contain melted chocolate. Oh boy, was I wrong!

Photo_squirrel

it is indeed a brilliant recipe. Alice Medrich is really something. What a smart woman.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Hi all. Thank you for your re-assurance. I was able to double the recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 pan. I didn't have another 8x8.