A question about a recipe: Cardamon Orange Flourless Chocolate Cake

I have a question about the recipe "Cardamon Orange Flourless Chocolate Cake" from ChezUs. What spice might you use in this instead of cardamom? We like cardamom in some contexts, but I'm fairly certain that not everyone eating this would appreciate/enjoy/even like it. Thanks so much. ;o).

asked 5 months ago

I think I'd just omit it. The orange and the chocolate together will provide plenty of flavor. Looks sinfully good!

I agree that you can leave the cardamon out, but if you want to sub, you might try using a hint of cinnamon. I think the latter would work nicely with the chocolate and orange.

Farmer's_market

I agree it would probably be fine just leaving cardamom out...but if you want to sub, oranges/chocolate go well with almond - you could add some almond extract or a little Amaretto (or other almond liqueur.) In that case, maybe garnish it with toasted slivered almonds.

Photo_squirrel

These gals is smaht. you could also add some coursely ground black pepper and some espresso powder/paste.

A bit of star anise (finely ground) or cloves might be an alternative.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet