FREE Standard Shipping. TODAY: Up to 30% Off Gift Cards (limited supply). Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

Rapid cooling a cheesecake

I know it's best to let a cheesecake set in the fridge overnight, but unfortunately I didn't plan well enough. I can cool the cheesecake to room temperature, but only have enough time for 2-3 hours to put in the fridge to set... can I let the cheesecake set in the freezer instead of the fridge?

asked by Dana Nguyen 10 months ago
Wholefoods_user_icon

You might want to try an ice bath as it might start to freeze in the freezer. Just be sure no water gets in the pan.

Photo_squirrel

yes, i would think you could. and i would not worry if it freezes a bit; won't really hurt it.If problems arise, it is obviously going to be at cutting time. I would highly rec (because of the more fragile nature of this one) that you use dental floss or a cake wire- to cleanly cut the slices without them getting mangled.