🔕 🔔

How can I use dried meyer lemon peel?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I came across a marvelous spice resource and scooped up a bottle of this stuff before taking the time to think about what I could do with it.

It's not ground, but in small minced pieces.

asked by Cookie16 over 1 year ago

Sprinkle on fish.
Sprinkle on salad.
Sprinkle on humus.
Sprinkle on shrimp cocktail.
Sprinkle on fresh malpeque oysters.
Sprinkle on roasted beets with sea salt.
Sprinkle on vodka.
Sprinkle on anything!
Sounds like a good thing to have.

is that strange if the product isn't hydrated? I've never used anything like this before!

I usually dry some leftover organic orange peels, minced like your lemon peel and I do agree that it doesn't really impart too much flavour when simply sprinkled on top of stuff.

I use it as is in braises and fruit compotes (added at the end of the cooking time); for baking purposes I grind it up: using mortar and pestle with a bit of salt or sugar as an abrasive works ok for small quantities. A (very clean!) coffee or spice grinder (or food processor for bigger batches) however produces a truly spectacular, intensely orange-coloured, fragrant powder, which is perfect for sprinkling on all the things mentioned above (I totally agree with the "sprinkle on anything!" part).