A question about a recipe: Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

Gtg_cookies

I have a question about the recipe "Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies" from Kim Boyce. Can I refrigerate/freeze this dough, and bake it the following day?

asked by chana 4 months ago

I make this recipe at least once a month. I make the dough and refrigerate. I bake them during the week in batches of 4-6. We always have fresh cookies! The recipe in Ms. Boyce's book reads that the dough is good for a week.

To be clear, I should have typed that the recipe reads the dough is good for one week in the fridge.

Open-uri20131029-15207-1uj2enm

I've never met a cookie dough recipe that I can't freeze. Scoop out the dough to the pan and freeze. If using the next day, just slide the whole pan in the preheated oven. Add a couple of minutes to baking time. If not, take the frozen balls of dough and put it in ziploc containers for future use.

Lardofavon

We used to make, portion & chill cookies by the dozens at work. Cookie dough in & of itself usually requires chilling prior to baking (helps prevent overly thin/flat cookies) so as long as they are not exposed to direct air contact you will be fine.