🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

8498035389_c6a5129a80_b

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. Has anyone tried these with some chili powder or cayenne and if so how much would you use?

asked by GennyG 7 months ago
Pict1821

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Just in case anyone else was curious about this, I wanted to share that Jillian Bernardini weighed in on this question over in the recipe comments and said: "When I used about a teaspoon and a half for Dorie Greenspan's cocoa shortbread cookies, I could taste the aftermath of the heat. in a good way though!"

Photo_squirrel

genny, yes and yes. i have also used espresso powder and medium coarsely ground black pepper. Measurements of cayenne/chili powder? 1/2 tsp ,mix,taste; repeat til you like it.I let the batter ripen for a day on the counter, taste and adjust before putting in the pan and baking.

Photo_(4)

I like to add chipotle powder and cinnamon to brownies. For this recipe, maybe 1/2-3/4 tsp chipotle and 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon?

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate it!I love a little spice in my brownies and other chocolate stuff. :) Although, I made these after I posted the question and these were wonderful!!!