What are your best Camping Dessert Recipes

I'm planning a camping trip with my husband and I'd love to have a new dessert idea...I'm a bit bored with smores at the moment. Any ideas?

asked by Trena about 1 month ago
Liza'skitchenlogo
added about 1 month ago

Will you be bringing a small grill? If so, there are quite a few options that work well. You could do a grilled s'more brownie (Brownie batter in a cast iron pan, top with graham cracker crumbs and put it on the grill. When it's mostly baked, add some chocolate chips on top and the marshmallows) or banana boats (Take a banana and make a slit down the middle of the long side of the peel cutting the banana about 1/2 way through, fill the slit with peanut butter, chocolate, Nutella, anything else that sounds good, wrap the whole thing in aluminum foil and heat in the fire or on the grill.) If you are bringing a dutch oven there are tons more choices like cinnamon rolls, cobblers, apple caramel pie, etc. You can also make pineapple upside-down cake by taking pineapple and putting it in the middle of a large piece of tinfoil, sprinkling a touch of brown sugar, a shake of cinnamon, and then putting cubes of pound cake or doughnut on top. Make a little packet with the tinfoil and make sure it's sealed well, then put the packet in the fire for a few minutes to heat. Because of the juices in the pineapple and the sugar, it all melds together into a gooey cake.
Hope this helps!

added about 1 month ago

Do you have a Dutch oven, the kind with legs? I always make an easy cobbler for our crowd. Cake mix mixed with Sprite, two cans of pie filling, dot with some butter. Squirty can whipped cream goes on top. I have made chocolate cake with cherry filling, and white cake mix goes with peach, apple or blueberry.

added about 1 month ago

Cinnamon rolls are my favorite camping food!

Img_0788_hsm
added about 1 month ago

I love cake batter baked in hollowed out oranges... the skin protects the cake so it's perfectly cooked every time. We did this for my daughter's bday... there's a few pics towards the bottom of this post: http://globaltableadventure...