A question about a recipe: Linguine with Sardines, Fennel & Tomato

020111f_397

I have a question about the recipe "Linguine with Sardines, Fennel & Tomato" from lastnightsdinner. Is there a way to make this with only one burner? Sadly, my stove is out of order so all I have is a single burner and a microwave. If this is possible, I am really excited to try to make this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

asked by Mary about 1 month ago
Chris_in_oslo

added about 1 month ago

If you don't mind dancing around a little, you'll be fine. Here's how I'd do it; it's not the only way, but what would work for me:

Heat the pasta water to boiling. Set aside. Make the sauce. Set aside, and keep warm, as best you can. Put the water back on, and cook the pasta to that not-quite-done point. Return the sauce to the burner, quickly re-heat, and continue.

20140926_125314
added about 1 month ago

I would do exactly what greenstuff suggested. Or..you could make Martha Stewart's One Pan Pasta. It's on this site. Super fun to make and delicious. You may have to tweak it when it comes to the sardines because they are so delicate and would not hold up to 9 minutes of tossing with the pasta.