A question about a recipe: Salmon Mousse

Salmon_mousse0001

I have a question about the recipe "Salmon Mousse" from Lizthechef. Can you freeze leftovers with gelatin?

asked by sandy sam about 1 month ago
Newliztoqueicon-2
added about 1 month ago

I wouldn't.

added about 1 month ago

Since I made it with shrimp & did freeze it, can I fix the texture as the flavor is still fine?

20140820_134313
added about 1 month ago

This is an almost exact replica of a Silver Palate salmon mousse recipe from the early 80's. I think I remember freezing it successfully. Racking my brain. I usually write such things in the margin, but in this case I didn't. As far as fixing it, you could try adding gelatin and water or just use it as a dip? Let us all know how it goes.

20140820_134313
added about 1 month ago

Just found my notes at the back of theccookbook. It says "freezes well". Did you already freeze and defrost it and it didn't work?

added about 1 month ago

Yes, with gelatin, flavor is fine but texture a bit grainy, I will try reheating & adding butter, more cream cheese & use as dip thx for your help :)