I bought 2 lobster tails yesterday on a bit of a whim, but I need to cook/eat them today, what would you suggest? Nothing too complicated please.

asked by casadelmonte over 3 years ago

My favorite is to remove them from thier shells and poach the tail meat in pure unsalted butter. You can use butter to serve with tail after. If you would like, after removing tails you can add shell to butter before service to give a nice lobster color to the butter.

Profile

Lobster_roll Probably the simplest thing is to butterfly the tails, brush with melted butter (seasoned or not), and broil them.

http://www.lobsterhelp...

I'm also a big fan of lobster rolls - gently poach or steam the lobster meat, cut into chunks, and dress with the barest whisper of mayo, a squirt of fresh lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and fresh snipped chervil or chives or parsley, then stuff into buttered and toasted hot dog buns (New England style, if you can find them).

Cimg0737

This might be too involved, but the last time I had some lobster tails to use up, I made risotto (inspired from a Giada DeLaurentiis recipe). I brushed the lobster tails with melted butter and broiled them. Then I made risotto (I browned some butter, added sauteed onion, then the Arborio rice), but instead of adding wine before the ladlefuls of broth, I used a touch of brandy. I added the lobster at the very end, and sprinkled with parsley. It was very yummy.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I'd lightly poach them with a piece of celery, a few sprigs of parsley and a pinch of salt, then coarsely chop the cooked tails, stir in a few tablespoons at most of mayonnaise, a teaspoon of stone ground mustard, and a couple teaspoons of sherry, or more to taste. Then I'd put the mixture on toast points (homemade whole-grain bread, in my case) and sprinkle very lightly with finely grated parmigiano-reggiano and put under the broiler just to melt and brown the cheese a bit. Sort of retro, but to my mind very tasty. ;o)

52

1 Try this recipe http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Make sure you save the shells to use with other seafood-related scraps for stock!