🔎

help! i need a simple and easy reciepe for black eyed peas or known has crowder peas

Brees9864
Lnd_jen
lastnightsdinner added over 3 years ago

One of my favorite ways to eat them this time of year is to toss the cooked beans with halved cherry tomatoes or chunked heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion or shallot, some chopped fresh herbs and a simple red wine vinaigrette.

Img__631-1_(1)
thirschfeld added over 3 years ago

1 lb of dried peas soaked in of water overnight. 1 onion chopped, 2 stalks of celery chopped, 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped, 1 14 oz can of plum tomatoes, 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped. Drain the beans. In a large sauce pot saute the vegetables(minus the tomatoes) until tender. Add the beans, cover with water by two inches and add the tomatoes with their liquid. Season with lots of pepper(no salt, yet). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, adding more liquid if they are getting dry, and simmer until the beans are tender. Season with salt then serve with steamin' cornbread.

Img__631-1_(1)
thirschfeld added over 3 years ago

That should say one 14 oz. can of plum tomatoes. And this recipe would be a simple but tasty Southern dish.

Are we talking Hoppin' John here? Ask me again sometime before New Year.

HeritageCook added over 3 years ago

Kevin Gillespie (Top Chef finalist) just had this Black Eyed Pea Salad in Food and Wine Magazine: http://www.foodandwine...