🔎

• 6

• 3973

How long will creme fraiche remain fresh? I made some up last weekend, for some reason didn't use it, and discovered it on my weekly refrigerator clean-out. Can I use it today? (Note: mine is made with heavy cream, pastuerized, and Greek yogurt.)

Kay_at_lake
Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Not sure how long it will remain fresh, but I think a week is certainly fine.

Chris_in_oslo

I keep using it unless it grows mold.

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added about 3 years ago

the sniff test also works. Not sure about homemade, but the Vermont Creamery creme fraiche I usually buy usually lasts for weeks.

Gator_cake

As long as it's not moldy, it's most likely good. Try mixing some harissa in it and serving it on hash, super yummy!

RobertaJ added about 3 years ago

Creme fraiche has a shelf-life about that of sour cream, maybe even a bit longer. Give it the sniff, check for obvious off signs and go for it. If it's separated slightly, just stir it back together.

innoabrd added about 3 years ago

until it goes mouldy! After all, creme fraiche is basically slightly off cream. In fact, I sometimes keep cream in the fridge for a while an let it turn into creme fraiche...