🔎

What's your favorite sauce for winter squash ravioli?

Phoenix
Photo_418
JenniferF added about 3 years ago

Brown butter with sage and lots of black pepper!

Big Daddy Rhino added about 3 years ago

Heya! I just made some Sweet Potato Ravioli... I wasn't thrilled with the results, so I'm very interested in this thread.

dahliat added about 3 years ago

Second Jennifer, but also just olive oil is simple and very tasty

Face_hat_underpainting_1
Queen of Spoons added about 3 years ago

Brown butter is a good start. I'd add toasted walnuts and a crumble of blue cheese.

Dsc03010
betteirene added about 3 years ago

Maple cream sauce with toasted walnuts, gorgonzola cream sauce with toasted hazelnuts, caramelized onions and cream, parmesan cream (sort of like an alfredo), or dropped into some chicken stock for an Italian version of wonton soup. If you do the browned butter/sage thing, for additional flavor, toast the ravioli in the butter while you're browning the butter.

brandon added about 3 years ago

I like to crisp up some bacon and fry the ravioli and thyme with it

Phoenix
Phoenix Helix added about 3 years ago

All of these ideas sound wonderful. It looks like I'll have to make this dish more than once! There's a woman in my town who makes homemade ravioli & sells it at the health food store (to take home & cook). She is to pasta what Mrslarkin is to scones. Her ravioli is beautiful, organic & delicious. I want to do it justice!

Jampro
Bevi added about 3 years ago

Brown butter sage sauce hands down!

innoabrd added about 3 years ago

I agree with the brown butter sage. You've put so much work into making the ravioli, why drown it in some murky sauce. The butter sage works nicely with the sweetness of the squash and shows off your handiwork.

Phoenix
Phoenix Helix added about 3 years ago

Update. I made the brown butter sage sauce & it was easy & perfect. Thanks everyone!