A question about a recipe: Nan Khatai

I have a question about the recipe "Nan Khatai" from elizabeth c.

The ingredient list calls for baking powder while the instructions refer to baking soda. Which is the proper leavening?

asked by pbdailey over 3 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

The recipes I've seen call for baking soda, so I'd use baking soda in place of the baking powder.

Gator_cake

I hate to disagree with amanda, but I'd go powder. I don't see anything acidic in the recipe to work with the soda. The texture of the cookie in the photo also makes me think baking powder was used. That being said, I've never made the cookies. Hopefully elizabeth c will stop by and give you a definitive answer.

52

Dsc_0065 I also hate to disagree with amanda , we always use baking powder for making naan khatai will post an easy recipe for nan kahtai

My_love_and_i

Oh I am so sorry about the confusion! It was a typo! The recipe calls for baking powder, (not soda). So sorry! Let me know what you think of the recipe if you try it! And thanks for calling this mistake to my attention!

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Disagree away! Thanks pauljoseph and hardlikearmour for weighing in.