🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

When you mix ingredients that on their own won't go back for a long time, how quickly does the mixture go bad?

I have a chocolate peanut butter cup recipe that I use almost weekly, and I would like to make a large batch of the filling. It is butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. On their own, the ingredients won't go bad for months (years?), however, how long will they keep when blended together and put in the fridge? Freezer?

asked by NYCNomNom over 3 years ago
Gator_cake

I would suspect your mixture would be fine a week or so in the fridge, as long as it doesn't pick up any off flavors. Probably would last several months in the freezer, don't know how much the texture would be affected.

I, too think it would be fine in the fridge for a week or two, so long as it were sealed really well (if in a plastic container with a lid, I'd lay a layer of plastic wrap over the mix, under the lid before sealing.

In the freezer, I think your storage time could be extended to a couple of months, but I think the texture of the peanut butter would suffer. I'm not sure peanut butter takes well to freezing.

I'm going to put a batch in the freezer and it will be a test to how peanut butter freezes. Thanks everyone!