🔎

• 5

• 1468

A question about a recipe: Chicken that Fancies Itself Spanish with Lemons, Onions & Olives

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Chicken that Fancies Itself Spanish with Lemons, Onions & Olives" from MeghanVK. It says:

"Place the chicken pieces back into the pot, skin side up, along with any drippings from the plate. Poke the onion/fennel/garlic/olive mixture so it surrounds the chicken on all sides. Place in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through."

IS 30 MINUTES ENOUGHT?

021511f_267
Martamadigan
Debbykalk-photo
latoscana added about 3 years ago

Best to use a meat thermometer, and easiest if you have a quick-read variety. It should read 165F for the safe internal temperature of any poultry. The chicken will also cook a bit after you remove it from the heat. Insert the thermometer in the thickest portion, but don't touch the bone.

RobertaJ added about 3 years ago

Should be, assuming that the chicken is browned well, on both sides. It'll be about 1/2-way cooked in that process. But yeah, use a thermometer to be sure, or cut a small slit in the thickest part and make sure its not pink. I'm assuming that the oven temp is at least 350° or more. Any lower, and it might be an issue.

Martamadigan
tasteoftravel added about 3 years ago

Thank you!

Welovephotobooths_1_1042624
MeghanVK added about 3 years ago

Yes - because of the browning process, and the high oven temperature (425), the meat comes out perfectly cooked and very moist after 30 minutes.

ellenl added about 3 years ago

If it's cooked through, then 30 mins. is enough time. If it's not cooked through, it needs more time.