Valid in US Only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. Free shipping valid through 11/30 at 11:59pm EST.
🔕 🔔

I can't get my fool as light and fluffy as I'd like. Any ideas?

I simmered rhubarb until it was the right consistency. Then strained through a sieve and allowed it to cool down. I then whisked 110g of icing sugar into 150ml of mascarpone. Then I folded that mixture into 150g of creme fraiche, before finally folding in the rhubarb. Then I poured the lot into a dish and chilled it.

It came out with the texture of a thick yoghurt - not quite what I was after.

asked by Audree almost 5 years ago

put him on a diet and get him to a stylist.

I'd cut back the mascarpone and creme fraiche to 100 ml each and whip 100 ml of heavy cream until it holds soft peaks. Then fold this into the mascarpone-creme fraiche mixture -- this should lighten it up.

At this point, Amanda is right; fold in whipped heavy cream. Next time, whip 4oz mascarpone with a few tbsp's sugar then pour in 1 cup heavy cream and whip it until it holds firm peaks..about 3-5 minutes. It's stables the whipping cream and it will hold up for a week. Perfect for mousse or fool and it doesn't have the tang of cheese.

Thanks - still have some rhubarb left over so I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes. With photos of course. But the proof will be in the pudding... ;)