🔎

A question about a recipe: Leek, Bacon and Goat Cheese Pizza

I have a question about the recipe "Leek, Bacon and Goat Cheese Pizza" from Savour. Does this dough make just one pizza? How large? You combine the five balls into one, thus?

5501032159_1f5a2a6bb8_z
_mg_0362
4009951565_16d666fbc7
Savour added about 3 years ago

The dough is enough for 5 individual pizzas, but the toppings are enough for 2 pizzas.

Peter Reinhart was my Breads instructor in culinary school, and I recall his pizza dough as being stretched really, really thin - quite a bit thinner than in the photo. I agree; the instructions are a little ambiguous, but I would guess that he does intend for it to yield 5 pizzas, albeit somewhat small - probably 6 to 8 inches in diameter. I hope this helps you!

RobertaJ added about 3 years ago

My read is 5 small pizzas, or you could divide the dough differently and make one larger one. But you want a thin crust. If you're not going to be cooking all the pizzas at once, pizza dough freezes beautifully. Let the dough rise once, then drizzle a little oil in a small zip bag, put in the pizza dough, and seal. When you're ready to cook it, take it out of the freezer the day before, and toss it in the fridge, still in the bag. Take it out of the fridge about 2 hours before you want to make the pie to let it come to room temp. Then shape, top and bake as normal.