Please can I have some healthy meal ideas that I can freeze for later

asked by diabeticchef over 4 years ago

Any parameters or is it no holds barred except for the healthy part? You can make a good veggie chili with assorted beans and it will freeze well, and anything casserol-ey - lasagna CAN be good for you if you load it with veggies and use some restraint with the cheese. I also freeze soups often, and stews. With those again add a bunch of veggies and legumes or whole grains and you are good to go!

made with buffalo or turkey this is very healthy and freezes perfectly

How about bell peppers stuffed with quinioa and veggies?

Victoria is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I tend to freeze much of what I make. After years, I still don't cook well for just one or two people, so tend to have many leftovers to freeze. Much of what I make is very healthy and freezes well. One thing that I don't really enjoy reheated is mushrooms. The texture changes, so often tend to either pull them. I love making big pots of soup and having them on the nights I'm late or just don't feel like cooking.