🔎

• 5

• 1214

A question about a recipe: Pastitsio

I have a question about the recipe "Pastitsio" from TheRunawaySpoon. I am planning to make at least a double recipe for a party on Tuesday evening. How much of this can I make ahead?

012610f_900
Dsc_0048b
Runningspoon_perre-magness
TheRunawaySpoon added about 3 years ago

It will keep assembled, but not baked, in the fridge for two days. It freezes beautifully, wrapped tightly in plastic, then in foil.

phyllis added about 3 years ago

I cooked this for our Oscar party and made all but the b├ęchamel topping. The day before. I wrapped it well and put in fridge. It was fine. And our guests loved it.

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added about 3 years ago

TheRunawaySpoon - I can keep it in the fridge from Sunday then, with the topping, cheese and all? That would be just great!!

Runningspoon_perre-magness
TheRunawaySpoon added about 3 years ago

Sunday to Tuesday - should be fine. Wrap it tightly in plastic, and obviously increase the cooking time.

CarlaCooks added about 2 years ago

TheRunawaySpoon (or anyone else), after freezing this, do you put it in the fridge the day before you want to cook it, or put it on the oven directly from the freezer? Thanks for the help!