🔎

• 3

• 3366

A question about a recipe: Absurdly Addictive Asparagus

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Absurdly Addictive Asparagus" from kaykay. It says:

"Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan. Add asparagus pieces and leek and sauté until asparagus is tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes."

Can the asaparagus be steamed the day before, refrigerated & reserved until this stage?

041310f_389
Chris_in_oslo

There is no reason why you couldn't add steamed asparagus from the day before to this recipe. But I'd only do it if I happened to have leftover steamed asparagus that I wanted to use up. Sautéing the asparagus with the leek would give you a richer flavor.

047
MinkyMcNamara added about 3 years ago

You could add steamed asparagus, but you wouldn't want to cook it as long, for it might get overcooked. As Greenstuff mentioned, this would be a great way to use up extra asparagus, but I would not steam it in advance with the intention on saving time, because it really doesn't take that long to saute in the pan, and the crunch factor is an important element to this dish.

Grandma Kathy added over 2 years ago

Img_0035 You could clean the asparagus and blanche it very quickly then it would be ready to throw in at the last minute and not overcook.