🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Absurdly Addictive Asparagus

2013-1107_absurdly-addictive-asparagus-021

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Absurdly Addictive Asparagus" from kaykay. It says:

"Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan. Add asparagus pieces and leek and sauté until asparagus is tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes."

Can the asaparagus be steamed the day before, refrigerated & reserved until this stage?

asked by Neophyte over 3 years ago
Chris_in_oslo

There is no reason why you couldn't add steamed asparagus from the day before to this recipe. But I'd only do it if I happened to have leftover steamed asparagus that I wanted to use up. Sautéing the asparagus with the leek would give you a richer flavor.

047

You could add steamed asparagus, but you wouldn't want to cook it as long, for it might get overcooked. As Greenstuff mentioned, this would be a great way to use up extra asparagus, but I would not steam it in advance with the intention on saving time, because it really doesn't take that long to saute in the pan, and the crunch factor is an important element to this dish.

You could clean the asparagus and blanche it very quickly then it would be ready to throw in at the last minute and not overcook.