🔎

Looking forward to trying this one! Do the spinach and mushrooms get drained or are all juices included.

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Portobello and Asiago Cheese Tart" from Andrea Kathryn. It says:

"Cut spinach in small pieces. In a small sauté pan, lightly brown minced garlic. Add spinach and sliced Portobello mushrooms (reserve some slices of mushrooms for top of tart) and sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. "

Gator_cake

If there are a lot of juices it will probably make the tart runny. I can't say for certain, but I'd remove the spinach and mushrooms with a slotted spoon.

Image

I agree with hardlikearmour. You would probably want the spinach and mushrooms to be as dry as possible.

Reunion1_0281
Andrea Kathryn added about 3 years ago

Yes you should definately drain juices ! Thank you for the question, I will edit recipe............... As you said, the tart will be runny if not drained.

friendlyoaks added about 3 years ago

I agree - watery vegetables would not work. But I would not drain. I would just turn up the heat and/or saute for a bit more than 5 minutes if it appeared that the vegetables were watery.

ChefDaddy added about 3 years ago

The best way I know to make sure that mushrooms no longer have mositure is to put them in a preheated saute pan dry on a medium heat and cook them until they stop squealing and then add some fat for saute. For spinach, I like to saute up and then press in a collander, if you cook to long the flavor get weird. That's just my two pennies. Good luck and most importantly have fun!