🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Broccoli Rabe, Potato and Rosemary Pizza

051110f_654

I have a question about step 7 on the recipe "Broccoli Rabe, Potato and Rosemary Pizza" from TasteFood. It says:

"Bake on pizza stone or on tray on lowest rack in oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes. "

Is this for an oven with top or bottom heating elements? In other words close or far from elements? I have an electric wall oven with top heating elements and I have a large rectangular pizza stone that I have used near the top in the past. What do you recommend?

Thanks, Can't wait to try this!

asked by rayva over 3 years ago
Image

Doesn't your electric oven have a bottom element, too? You want your oven hot--probably hotter than you can get it actually--and you put it close to the bottom element so that the bottom gets charred and crispy. It's a wonderful pizza. Enjoy.

Green_apple_card

I agree with drbabs - the point of putting the stone near the bottom of the oven is to char the bottom of the crust. If that is not an option, then placing the pizza near the top element is the alternative. Be sure to preheat the pizza stone in the oven, so the heat of the stone will cook the crust bottom. Alternatively, you can try making a cast iron skillet pizza on the stove top and finishing it in the oven.

Dsc_0281

I have used my stone successfully starting from a cold oven on the top rack, which is closest to the only heating element in my oven. My question about the advantage of placing on the bottom for optimal bottom heat has been answered! Unfortunately, it's not an option for me.

Dsc_0281

thanks, though!!!