🔎

• 4

• 1006

A question about a recipe: Broccoli Rabe, Potato and Rosemary Pizza

I have a question about step 7 on the recipe "Broccoli Rabe, Potato and Rosemary Pizza" from TasteFood. It says:

"Bake on pizza stone or on tray on lowest rack in oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes. "

Is this for an oven with top or bottom heating elements? In other words close or far from elements? I have an electric wall oven with top heating elements and I have a large rectangular pizza stone that I have used near the top in the past. What do you recommend?

Thanks, Can't wait to try this!

051110f_654
Dsc_0281
Image

Doesn't your electric oven have a bottom element, too? You want your oven hot--probably hotter than you can get it actually--and you put it close to the bottom element so that the bottom gets charred and crispy. It's a wonderful pizza. Enjoy.

Green_apple_card
TasteFood added about 3 years ago

I agree with drbabs - the point of putting the stone near the bottom of the oven is to char the bottom of the crust. If that is not an option, then placing the pizza near the top element is the alternative. Be sure to preheat the pizza stone in the oven, so the heat of the stone will cook the crust bottom. Alternatively, you can try making a cast iron skillet pizza on the stove top and finishing it in the oven.

Dsc_0281
rayva added about 3 years ago

I have used my stone successfully starting from a cold oven on the top rack, which is closest to the only heating element in my oven. My question about the advantage of placing on the bottom for optimal bottom heat has been answered! Unfortunately, it's not an option for me.

Dsc_0281
rayva added about 3 years ago

thanks, though!!!