Flavoring macarons

A neighbor and I are having a baking day at my house on Wednesday and we're trying our hand at the ever so trendy macaron for the first time. Making a lemon curd or chocolate version seems straightforward enough, but we wanted to make some strawberry ones for her 4 year old twins. It would seem we simply add a drop of red food coloring to the batter to make it pink, but how to make strawberry buttercream? Add preserves? Also - tips on making pistachio flavored ones? I'm going to make some black sesame ones with Yuzu buttercream for the grownups.

asked by Burnt Offerings about 4 years ago
Eb515e78-7387-4e72-b91d-acfa26b55b99.default-full

I love macarons blue ones i think their blueberries

9ac3a641-8957-4d8a-b05c-d028947d4131.stonecutting_32

Strawberry preserves seem like the way to go for the buttercream since they'll be less watery than actual strawberries.

Here's a recipe for pistachio and cacao nib macarons:
http://www.tarteletteblog...
Tartelette substitutes some of the almond meal for ground up pistachios for the pistachio flavor.

stephanie over on dessertsforbreakfast.com seems to be both a fiend and a pro at macarons... and particularly with interesting flavors!