🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

how to thicken a crab bisque

I am making a crab bisque, but it doesn't seem thick enough - how can I thicken it ( I did start off the bisque w/ a roux but maybe I added too much stock in proportion to the roux?)

asked by LazizaBites over 3 years ago

You can make a bit more roux in a little sauce pan and add it in, I'd do that if it was a roux thickened soup to begin with.

Image

that's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if it would clump up in the already done soup.

Take a tablespoon of flour and mix it with a tablespoon of room temp unsalted butter and add that to the bisque to thicken it the way the French do it. So good. Once it bubbles turn it off and serve.

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

Wondra flour is great for correcting thicknesses of sauces. Just sprinkle in a little at a time, stirring all the while.

Farmer's_market

Beurre manie - half butter, half flour mixed together. Add a little at a time. (Classic French method used to thicken sauces, though I don't see why you couldn't use it for a roux-based soup as well.)

Image

thanks for your responses! I ended up making a separate roux and added it back in,,, worked out well. I will also check out wondra flour to keep in my pantry -