🔎

• 5

• 630

Follow-up question on dinner for 16 with 3 vegetarians and one gluten free guest I asked a couple of days ago.

Everyone had great ideas and I will be using each one. The one for tomorrow night is taken from littleknitter's recommendation of Fillets en Papilotte. I am making Halibut en Papilotte, with roasted leeks and fennel first in, topped with halibut and a little crab and a cream sauce. How far ahead do you think I prepare them before popping in the oven? 6 hours? 3 hours? 1 hour? The base recipe is from Cookwise.

Buddhacat

I've had good luck holding fish en papillote for a restaurant application for up to 5 hours. Your menu sounds amazing!

Buddhacat
SKK added about 3 years ago

Boulangere, you are so encouraging. Thank you!

Seriously, this is an amazing dinner you've planned. I hope you can get your prep done enough in advance that you can enjoy your own party. That's often a challenge for me. I get so caught up in the process and wanting a great result that I forget that the point was to get precious friends together for a good time. Bon appetit!

Stonecutting_32
littleknitter added about 3 years ago

Sounds delicious! I agree with Boulangere that you can just make them several hours ahead of time and store them in the fridge until it's time to put them in the oven. Have fun!

Buddhacat
SKK added about 3 years ago

Thanks, littleknitter!