What to do with leftover crab in a cream sauce?

I have 3 cups of crab in a cream sauce. The cream sauce is very thick and stable and is delicious. Used it last night over halibut en papillote. Can't bear to throw it away. Any ideas? Thank you!

asked by SKK over 3 years ago

How about a pasta? Maybe saute some diced sweet red pepper, add some red pepper flakes . . .

How about putting it over a baked potato or two or three,,,,,

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

I'm thinking souffle base... Stir in 3 or 4 egg yolks. Beat the whites to stiff peaks. Fold gently, then into a souffle dish. Pop into a hot oven until nicely risen and brown. Eat immediately with a salad of escarole w/ lemon olive oil dressing...

Farmer's_market

Crepes - maybe rolled around the crabmeat filling, then gratine'd in the oven. (Some sauteed sliced mushrooms and shallots added to the crab/cream sauce would be delicious too. Very classic old school.)

I think Julia Childs' Master Crepe recipe is the best and surprisingly easy, once you get a couple under your belt. (I'm sure it's online and Google-able.)

You could also layer it into a 'white' seafood lasagna.

Top toasted english muffins with it for breakfast.