🔎

• 4

• 3029

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. Is there a standard size bundt pan? What size is right for this recipe?

9094917684_a054364247_z
Image

I've made it in a (I think standard-sized) 9" Bundt pan. I think people have also made it a layer cake using 2 8" cake pans. It's really great--try it!

CarlaCooks added about 3 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

I have made made this cake many times, yet I've never used a bundt pan! The recipe makes enough batter for me to cook a 9 in circular cake (don't fill more than 2/3, this batter really rises) plus a loaf pan. The loaf takes about 35 or 40 minutes to cook, and the cake takes over an hour (between 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours). After 50 minutes of baking, I check the cake every 5 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy the great recipe!

Nargess added 15 days ago

CarlaCooks.. what size loaf pan did you use? and did you not need to reduce (half) the recipe for the loaf?

CarlaCooks added 14 days ago

Nargess, I make the full recipe and cook some of it in a cake pan and some of it in a loaf pan. I've used both a 9inch by 5 inch pan and a 11 inch by 5 inch pan... you just have to adjust the baking time based on the size of the pan. For the 9"x5", I'll start checking it after 35 minutes.