FREE Standard Shipping Through Monday. Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

Dd

my Coffee plant the flowers that smell like jasmine

asked by pauljoseph over 3 years ago
036

Wow, that is beautiful! I am jealous of all you can grow.

Gator_cake

I agree with aargersi! So pretty. I wonder if the flowers are edible?

52

Coffee flower is edible no problem but I didn't tried but we get Coffee flower honey is produced by bees that collect their honey from the pollen of flowering coffee plants and its very sweet

Gator_cake

I wonder if you could add them to tea, much like jasmine tea, or use them to make a simple syrup?

Dsc03010

pauljoseph, I'm also so jealous. You always manage to send such beautiful photos.

And coffee flower honey could be the next big culinary ingredient. I think you should bring it to market. Then you could travel here for business and we would get to meet you!

Port2

Pauljoseph, How did you grow this? From a raw coffee bean? I'd love to try!

Chris_in_oslo

I just can't choose between your plants and your seafood--every picture is more amazing than the last. Thanks for sharing them with us.

52

I Just saw in Google how to prepare the jasmine tea""the tea is blended with the Jasmine flowers and stored overnight. The night blooming Jasmine flowers then open and release their fragrance into the tea. It takes over four hours for the tea to absorb the fragrance and flavor of the jasmine blossoms; this process may be repeated for as many as six or seven times. The tea absorbs moisture from the fresh Jasmine flowers so it must be re-fired to prevent spoilage.'' Thank you for the idea hardlikearmour
betteirene coffee flower honey also an excellent idea
nogaga At home we do from raw coffee bean http://en.wikipedia.org...
Greenstuff thank you

I love to make sorbet from the blossoms of night blooming jasmine, combined with tamarind. And why not add coffee? Pauljoseph, your photos are as exotic and lovely as your stories and recipes.

52

you are so kind thank you boulangere

pauljoseph, I hope you have a cookbook built around your stories, photos and foods in the future

52

boulangere We already tested (several times because my wife is a food consultant and a teacher that's why we got a chance to repeat those recipes ) and wrote around 1000 recipes now we are looking for a good editor to edit because the book has to sell Internationally

Well this is something to look forward to. I hope Amanda and Merrill are aware of your plans.