🔎

• 4

• 706

• See other questions tagged:
    • vitamix

I'm thinking of buying a Vitamix

Does anyone have one and love it? Thanks for offering any opinions!

Open-uri20130203-7046-1u7cxkg-0
Fran McGinty added almost 3 years ago

I love my Vitamix. works like a charm.

Just bought one. Factory reconditioned with a 5 year warranty directly from Vitamix. It is the class of the field but it's not cheap. I miss those old Vitamix ads in Food Arts, "Chefs Naked With Their Vitamix". Some you wouldn't want to see naked.

Buddhacat
SKK added almost 3 years ago

I have had my vitamix for 5 years. I love it! Purchased the dry container also, which grinds nuts and seeds and it is wonderful. It will last for years and years.

Monkeys
monkeymom added almost 3 years ago

I also recently bought a vitamix. I've found they are fantastic for smoothies, particularly if you are going to be adding greens. The vitamix really purees the fibers away. The kids love to throw all sorts of things to create their own Jambas. I've also loved it for making pureed soups, salsas, and sauces. It really makes a difference in the finish...so so smooth. I've also used it for smoothing out cottage cheese to add in replacement of richer cheeses, like ricotta, for quiche. Still, I don't use it daily. Probably on average once a week. It is big and tall and takes up a lot of space on the counter and is heavy to lug in and out of a cabinet. So that is something to consider. Overall, I'm very happy with it!