🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

9094917684_a054364247_z

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. It says:

"Then, pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Then, dust with powdered sugar and serve."

When cooling, when do I take the cake out of the pan to cool? Immediately? After some amount of time? Looking forward to trying this! lbk

asked by lbk over 3 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

When it's cool enough to touch -- because you have to hold it a bit to unmold it (check out the accompanying slideshow on the right side of the recipe page). At least 30 minutes after it comes out of the oven.

Cimg0737

I have made this cake twice (it is really fabulous!), and I have waited each time until the pan was cool enough to handle before I unmolded the cake (probably about 20 or 30 minutes). Each time, the cake was still on the warm side, though not steaming hot.

Coopers

I made the mistake of unmolding the cake too early, and it was so moist and warm that it broke somewhat as I flipped it out. Recommend letting the cake cool and set up a little.