🔎

• 2

• 2313

• See other questions tagged:
    • Cooling

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. It says:

"Then, pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Then, dust with powdered sugar and serve."

When cooling, when do I take the cake out of the pan to cool? Immediately? After some amount of time? Looking forward to trying this! lbk

9094917684_a054364247_z
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

When it's cool enough to touch -- because you have to hold it a bit to unmold it (check out the accompanying slideshow on the right side of the recipe page). At least 30 minutes after it comes out of the oven.

Cimg0737
cookinginvictoria added almost 3 years ago

I have made this cake twice (it is really fabulous!), and I have waited each time until the pan was cool enough to handle before I unmolded the cake (probably about 20 or 30 minutes). Each time, the cake was still on the warm side, though not steaming hot.