A question about a recipe: Cheese Biscuits

041911f_147

I have a question about the recipe "Cheese Biscuits" from merrill. I made these last week and while they were extremely well received by dinner guests, I noted that my biscuits were about half the height of a regular biscuit. I certainly followed the receipe and used baking powder. Where might I have gone wrong?

asked by Cookbook Thief about 3 years ago
Merrill

As you can probably tell from our photos, we had no problems with rising. Is there any chance that your baking powder has been sitting around for a while?

Guilty. I suspected that the age of my baking powder might be the issue and I should really know better at this point. I think it might be time to chuck it and start with a fresh supply. Thank you!

Baking powder (and soda) has expiration dates on it which I discovered when I had something not rise properly. When you only use a tsp. occasionally, it can get past that date pretty quickly.