🔎

• 4

• 1427

• See other questions tagged:
    • dinner

A question about a recipe: David Eyre's Pancake

I have a question about the recipe "David Eyre's Pancake" from amanda.
What meat can you serve if serving this dish for dinner?

1966
Stringio
Headshot2009
abbyarnold added almost 3 years ago

I usually make this pancake for breakfast/brunch, when it would be a good "dessert" for a bacon or sausage-y fritatta. If it were to be a dessert at a dinner, it would be great after a hearty roasted chicken or fish. You could put the pancake in the oven after you take the roasted main dish out. Make the pancake batter in the blender ahead of time; it is best if it sits in the fridge for an hour or so before baking. If you are lucky like me, you have a Meyer lemon tree in your back yard and can pick a fresh lemon to squeeze over the pancake. A small scoop of fresh sorbet goes nicely alongside it.

ellenl added almost 3 years ago

A lovely suggestion!

jeinde added almost 3 years ago

We have "breakfast" for dinner almost once a week and I often serve a similar pancake and just have a usual breakfast meat: either sausage or bacon (though there are also scrapple lovers in my family). With a warm fruit compote, it's a nice meal. Same meal works for a nice brunch. The pancake just is not that sweet that I consider it a dessert.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Thanks for all the great responses -- yes, this is best served as either dessert or breakfast. If the latter, bacon would go well!