A question about a recipe: Red Pepper Jam!

P1040302

I have a question about the recipe "Red Pepper Jam!" from ChezSuzanne. I love, love, love this recipe. Want to incorporate it into an appetizer. Any ideas?

asked by SKK almost 4 years ago
08e76253-eb60-4b0a-b720-9536197a4fe6.eric_s_31st_b_day-santa_parade_8_

I went to dinner at a friends and had it on the side of a Spanish Jamon Croquette. I have paired it with a cheese platter and one of my favorites is making mini cheddar tarts and filling the bottom with the jam and baking the tarts filled with the jam. Sometimes I add some goat cheese and the jam on top and bake like that. They are a yummy pop in your mouth. Not sure if that helps but its great to find out different ways to incorporate Red Pepper Jelly.

Bc343245-99fb-4d2b-8579-9bf9c485181e.me

Thanks SKK! This is a new recipe for me, so I'll be interested in seeing all ideas too! Some initial ideas are, for a hearty app youcan do lamb sliders. My other ideas are around crostini: putting the jam on crustini and topping with feta cheese crumbles or mixing with roasted eggplant for a crostini spread or dip, also love Preta75's cheese tart idea above.

3453acc5-6dc9-4a37-aee3-6015bd27590a.profile_pic

Maybe smear it on little corn cakes or on a wedge of farmer cheese or on a sweet and simple British-style oatcake...

E7b6597b-db6e-4cae-b9f3-699b508f4ed3.036

I plan to make a batch and serve it on our Memoril Day table - we are grilling up burgers and dogs and there will be loads of other stuff so folks can pile it on whatever they like! I will also be putting out AntoniaJames' green tomato chutney as well!