🔎

• 5

• 1090

A question about a recipe: Sunday Pork Ragu

Is this 3/4 lb of pork bones, or 3-to-4 lb pork bones? The former seems low, and the latter seems high.

050311f_409
Sarah Shatz added almost 3 years ago

Three-quarters of a pound. A little pork bone goes a long way. Hope you like the recipe!

Cimg0737
cookinginvictoria added almost 3 years ago

Yes, 3/4 pounds of small pork bones (about 8-10 bones) is how the recipe should read. You want just enough so that they will impart their unique flavor to the sauce, but adding too many bones will make the sausage too crowded in the pan. Also, while the pork in this ragu is incredibly yummy, it's not the main event. This dish is really all about the tomato sauce, and you want it to have enough room to simmer without being overwhelmed by the other ingredients. Hope that all makes sense!

Cimg0737

Thank you, Sarah, for spelling out the measurement. That makes it much clearer. Also, in my answer, I should have said 3/4 pound, not pounds. Sorry for the typo.

mscheevel added almost 3 years ago

Thanks for the help, everybody! I picked up some bones from the butcher this morning, and I'm looking forward to giving this a try tomorrow.

Cimg0737

Glad to hear that you are going to make the ragu! After you have tried it, do let me know what you think..