A question about a recipe: Old Bay Aioli

051611f_631

I have a question about the recipe "Old Bay Aioli" from amanda.

I have a stand mixer with whisk attachment - will that work for this? I'm probably going to be making more than the recipe calls for (for a dinner party). What about a standard food processor?

asked by petite cuisine about 3 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

A stand mixer with whisk attachment should work just fine, as long as your whisk comes in close contact with the base of the bowl. In the beginning of making mayo, there's very little volume, so you need to make sure it's getting whipped. Definitely seems worth trying. Also you can make this a day ahead so you don't have to worry about doing it the day of and having an issue. I haven't made mayo in a food processor, so I can't speak to that.

Chris_in_oslo

Mayonnaise in the food processor is really easy. I was really embarrassed that I'd never noticed the hole in the food pusher that Mark Bittman wrote about last fall:

http://dinersjournal.blogs...