🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

My silicone baking sheet liners are sticky - it's like there is a film covering them. Is this a sign that they are past their prime (I have only had them 9-10 months)? If not, how can I clean them? I am worried about scrubbing them too hard and damaging the surface.

asked by emilyv about 4 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Have you tried putting them on the top shelf of your dishwasher?

I have never put them in the dishwasher, but I'll give it a try tonight, thanks for the suggestion!

Image

I have a silicone liner (Silpat) and it's normal for it to have that slick sticky feeling to it. When I first got it, it stated that this was normal. This is what their website said about it...

How can this be non-stick when it feels kind of tacky?
SILPAT has inherent non-stick properties so greasing is never needed. Once you use it, you will see why it works.

So don't fret! It's NORMAL!

Thanks, Madame Sel. It just felt dirty, the two that I have will almost stick together if they are stored on top of each other! I am happy to hear that this is normal though. Cheers.

I wash mine by hand, and then store them (rolled up) between layers of paper towel. They feel a little sticky -- but the stickiness doesn't spread to anything else in the drawer.