🔎

It would be a great thing if Food52 could pair up with Weight Watchers. Great food AND points!.. anyone else agree?

A lot of us probably follow it and would be glad to figure out a way to include point information to our contributed recipes!

Dsc_0122.nef-1
2011-03-07_18-28-41_870
Helen's All Night Diner added almost 3 years ago

That would be awesome! I'm always lightening up the recipes I come across. Plus WW does have some great recipes on it already...

036

OK I will confess - have been a weight watcher for YEARS - clearly the testing and developing days are often not points counting days (duck fat anyone?) I think some recipes you really don't want to know nor should you think about points, but there is also a lot of places where we COULD figure them out and add them. I will if you will!

ChefDaddy added almost 3 years ago

I would hate to see that happen! This is the last place I want to see go from foodie loving food to weight watchers and the concept of "easy"! How about 20 min meals or calorie counting cookie baking! No!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Voted the Best Answer!

As with any information available anywhere, people can use as they please what's posted here. There's nothing inherently wrong (or right) with WW. There's nothing inherently right or wrong with believing that the secret to making any dish better is to pour 1/2 cup of heavy cream or 1/2 stick of butter per serving into the pot. I vote for living and let live, and for using what we need, ignoring what we don't, and most importantly, seeking to understand before seeking to be understood. ;o)

ChefDaddy added almost 3 years ago

I guess if your name isn't pierino ( love that guy) you can't be yourself here.

Photo_9
spuntino added almost 3 years ago

+1 chef daddy. i've had enough with nutritionism!!

Scan0004
susan g added almost 3 years ago

Nutritionism?? What do you think keeps us alive and healthy? I love food52; I make my own judgements about nutrition and taste. Comments show that most of us are adapting recipes to our own preferences and standards -- I appreciate the inspiration I find here. Anyone who has been on Weight Watchers knows how to use a recipe -- if only to change portion sizes. Not necessary for food52 to provide points. I think they're overcommitted already!

Hummusit added almost 3 years ago

I agree! Not to knock the decadent recipes, but I'm always on the lookout for good recipes that aren't calorie-laden, or decent substitutes that don't compromise taste.

uws80 added almost 3 years ago

I would like to see more information on storage -- how long can recipes be made ahead before they're not what they should be?