🔎

Marnely1_1_
Marnely added almost 3 years ago

Make the granola and just add a little more syrup or honey. The stickiness with help it stay together when you press it down!

mirileh added almost 3 years ago

thanks! I'll give it a try.

mirileh added almost 3 years ago

reporting back: the whole nuts make it rather impossible to cut into squares. (thoughts for next time: omit the nuts, chop them up or preshape the mixture into some sort of cookie.)

Melissa Clark is a food columnist for the New York Times and has written over 32 cookbooks, including the recent Cook This Now.

Another idea is to add almond or peanut butter to hold it altogether. When the granola is baked but still warm, add some warmed nut butter to the mix (warm the nut butter in the microwave), then press the sticky mess into a pan and let cool completely before cutting into bars. Almond butter works really well and has a milder flavor than peanut butter, which is more pronounced.