CHILL YOUR WINE—BY THE GLASS. SHOP WINE PEARLS »
🔕 🔔

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

That sounds so good! For starters, I would just use it in a simple green salad with great olive or nut oil, so that you can really taste the subtleties of the vinegar. Or dunk some good bread into some vinegar mixed with good olive oil.

Then once you have a sense of the taste, you can branch out a bit. Is it sweet and thick? Drizzle it over panna cotta. Is it thin and tart? Swirl it into a cold soup like gazpacho.

Wholefoods user icon

I would also dip crisp apple slices into the dressing Kristen suggests. Or make an apple/cabbage slaw salad with this vinegar. And if you eat bacon, just imagine the possibilities with it!

8853b3c6 b669 48fc 9779 62260aafeab1  screen shot 2011 01 25 at 1 15 11 pm
Dan Soloway

Dan is the founder of Kitchen Options

When I think Maple Vinegar, I think of two things - vinaigrette and gastrique. For a vinaigrette think warm bacon and maple vinaigrette - great for a leafy salad with blue cheese and toasted nuts. 'Gastrique?', you say. Yes, a classic French sweet and sour sauce usually produced using acid (vinegar or citrus juice) to stop a caramelization of sugar (usually cane sugar). However, a gastrique can be made with any sugar - honey, agave or maple syrup. If you want a super maple gastrique cut your caramelized maple syrup with maple vinegar and use on fall/winter dishes including game, pork and duck especially when accompanied by squash, pumpkin or sweet potato/yams.

C350e468 897e 408f 8aca c2d0ffc29b05  stringio

I like to take sweet tomatoes such as campari and split them and cook them to bursting in maple vinegar. The sugars caramelizing while the tomato breaks down with the vinegar makes an amazing addition to eggs, fish, Mac n cheese. Anything tomatoes go on