🔎

I have puff pastry and sooo many apples. What should I do? I'm partial to turnovers, but happy for any suggestions.

Miglorious
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Do you have ample space in your freezer? How much puff pastry do you have?

Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Pastry_dough_package I have a 14 oz. tin of Dufour puff pastry, defrosted in my fridge. I wouldn't call my freezer space ample, but I'm intrigued -- what would you do with ample freezer space?

Legally Delicious added over 3 years ago

Tarte Tatin!

Desert
anyone added over 3 years ago

When I saw this post I immediatly thought of apple chedder studel.

nutcakes added over 3 years ago

One of my favorite desserts to make is Johnny Iuzzuini's (of Jean Georges) Rustic Apple and Pear Tart. It would be fine with all apples. It is on puff pastry, has a delicious cinnamon-orange almond cream on the bottom and a strusel on top. Impressive and so delicious. While it has several steps, all steps are easy. I don't make the dough in a circle, I just roll the dough in a rectangle and use a little extra of everything. Google Iuzzini rustic tart and it should be at the top

Desert
anyone added over 3 years ago

Nutcakes that 's nuts! wow that sound good. Great call!

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Apple-turnover-that-looks-totally-epic whoa, this looks good. doesn't show a recipe, but it looks pretty simple. http://www.pedestrian.tv...

Birthday_2012

Meg is a trusted home cook.

The Union Square Cafe used to make a puff pastry apple tart. It was puff pastry with thinly sliced granny apples, a little ?butter and cinnamon and sugar, browned. Unbelievable. Also unbelievable that it's off the menu and i don't think it's in either of their cookbooks. Maybe Michael Romano still has it in notebook somewhere.