🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Can you substitute white sugar for corn syrup in a watermelon pickle recipe? If so, how much sugar should be used per cup of corn syrup? ;o

These will be packed in syrup and processed in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Thanks so much. ;o)

AntoniaJames, I'm so sorry you haven't received an answer to your very good question. I don't know the answer, but here is a link that might help you:

http://www.tasteofhome...

I'm with you, though, in feeling adverse to using corn syrup.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Thank you, boulangere. The recipe calling for corn syrup is in "The Essential New York Times Cookbook." I found a similar one in my 1943 edition of "The Joy of Cooking," which does not call for corn syrup, so I went with that one. ;o)

Lucky you for having such an edition! The oldest one I have is the one that was ring-bound, from which my son tore pages as an infant in my arms as I paged through it, I sort of pressed then back into place. It also still holds the most recent notes taken over the phone from my mother for Belle Foley's Chocolate Cake. And I treasure it as I am sure you do yours.