🔎

question about recipe: Lemony Lentil Salad :by green lentils I assume you're referring to the french Puy lentil? Have both, just making sure

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Lemony Lentil Salad" from cookingafterfive. It says:

"While the cauliflower roasts, make the lentils. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add lentils. Boil until cooked through, about 30 minutes. (Check the package instructions and test as you go; cooking times will vary.) Drain any remaining water and place in a large bowl."

Lemon_lentil_salad_1
Dsc_0122.nef-1
Nicole_bio1
nicolecooks added almost 3 years ago

I used green lentils (they also go by the name brown lentils, I believe), but any lentil you have will work. Black beluga lentils would be a lovely color contrast!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Or brown masoor, one of my favorites! Nice firm texture, like Puy, with a wonderful flavor . . . . Love this recipe, by the way. ;o)

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added almost 3 years ago

consummate hoarder that I am I have all three varieties, green, brown AND puy!, now need help deciding which one to use.. Oh well.. eenie meenie mynie mo!!

Scan0004
susan g added almost 3 years ago

Just to be literal, in my experience 'green lentils' refers to the common American lentil, which, as cookimgafterfive says, are brown. Wonder how that happened?

3-bizcard

Here is what I read on a lavender website about the leaves:

The spikes and leaves of lavender can be used in most dishes in place of rosemary in most recipes. Use the spikes or stems for making fruit or shrimp kabobs. Just place your favorite fruit on the stems and grill.

3-bizcard

Sorry wrong pickle