making ravioli with won ton wrappers..recipie implies that they be cooked immediately..can I make ahead..How to store for use in a few hours

asked by zametkin about 3 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Usually won ton ravioli don't need to be cooked right away. Lay them on a baking sheet (on top of a layer of parchment if you're concerned about them sticking) and set them in the fridge.

I agree with Amanda 100% on this one. That's exactly what I would do. And depending on how you've done them, they will likely freeze well too.

Farmer's_market

I think they hold together better in the boiling water after spending some time in the fridge - gives the wash or egg wash 'glue' time to adhere. In fact, when doing either (Asian) dumplings or ravioli, I usually pop them in the freezer - on a wax paper lined cookie sheet - until I'm ready to boil them. That seems to work even better.

Photo-1

I make them in large batches too, you can freeze them or put them in the fridge for up to a couple days. Just make sure to put them on parchment paper with some flour so they don't stick. I put them straight from the freezer into the boiling water and they're as good as fresh.