A question about a recipe: The River Café's Strawberry Sorbet

5862090320_3969de474d_z

I have a question about the recipe "The River Café's Strawberry Sorbet" from Genius Recipes. Stupid question: How do I seed and chop a lemon? Peel, remove seeds, chop?

asked by alex_75025 about 3 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Don't peel the lemon -- you want that in the sorbet. So see the lemon, simply cut the lemon in half around its equator. This should reveal most of the seeds. Pluck them out using the tip of a small knife. Then chop the two lemon halves as you would an onion or tomato (you might find some extra seeds as you do this and just discard them). I know this seems like a strange step but it will all work out once you grind the chopped lemon with sugar in your food processor. Good luck!

149130_100440840028137_100001866631527_1389_855041_n

I think as you take it down from 1/2, 1/4, 1/8's and so on, systematically removing seeds as you go you'll be fine. Typically, I strain lemon juices, however this sounds like it wants the pulp, etc. I haven't made this recipe yet so maybe those who have will respond. Just use your "eagle eye" on this one. he he
AmyRuth

Thank you so much!! Making it now :)

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet