🔎

• 2

• 1046

A question about a recipe: Summer Squash Couscous with Sultanas, Pistachios and Mint

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Summer Squash Couscous with Sultanas, Pistachios and Mint" from The Internet Cooking Princess. It says:

"Next, bring the veggie stock to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the couscous, cover, and turn off the heat; allow the couscous to sit for about 5 minutes, or until it absorbs all the liquid. Toss the couscous with a fork so the grains don't start clumping together, pour into a large mixing bowl, and set aside." The picture looks like you used giant couscous - is that right?

070610f_325
phyllis added almost 3 years ago

The couscous in the photo is Israeli couscous. You have to cook that a liitke differently (see pkg directions). The procedure and time allocated in this recipe is for the couscous you're probably familiar with.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Phyllis, thanks for weighing in. We did use Israeli couscous for the version in the photo. You can use any kind of couscous you like -- if you have access to Israeli, we recommend it. It added a more substantial texture to the dish.