Left over rice & fresh peas

I want to "freshen" some left over jasmine rice by adding some fresh peas to it. What would be the best seasonings to add, other than garam masala. Thanks a lot.

asked by DebJ about 4 years ago

One handy thing to keep in the 'fridge is lemon grass paste in the tube. Just a 1/2 tsp of that to leftover rice makes nice rice. You can find it in the produce section at some supermarket, I've even it at wal-mart.
IMHO, I find the paste superior than pounding fresh to mix with rice as it incorporates much better than often times tough stems of lemon grass--plus it stores well for use on demand.

You could make a variation on risi e bisi, which usually calls for arborio rice, I believe. But it's a thought.

mint and/or parsley and/or chives and/or scallions.

Oh hands down this one from Mark Bittman and Jean Georges. add the peas in at the end. I've done it many times with the egg for breakfast and without as a savory side dish. You could probably even wrap the rice in banana leaves and throw it on the grill.

Thanks, all for the ideas. I ended up with some scallions, a bit of butter and the peas. It worked. Your suggestions are great and will end up trying them all. Thanks again.

Fried onion,raisin and cashew in Ghee