FREE Standard Shipping. TODAY: Up to 30% Off Gift Cards (limited supply). Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

Merrill

Chip clip!

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

Anything from Pampered Chef was not my purchase! People tend to bring me gadgets that they think are useful, then I can't get rid of them! Who really needs an avocado knife anyways?!

Buddhacat

e-z-rol garlick peeler - "Fresh rolled garlic in seconds! No garlic Odor! Easy to clean!"
As if...never use it.

We also have one thing I have idea what it is...it's flat, skinny, long wooden thing, with V prong on the end and a little round hole at the bottom of the V. I use it sometimes as a egg beater. My theory is it could have used for sewing, as it looks yarn or something would be nested in the hole--maybe a spinning wheel part?
I tried to find it for a pic----but it seems to have migrated now that I' m on to it's games.

036

hmm - we have a wheely pizza cutter thing (actually use it now and again) and an egg slicer and a lot of random chopsticks and a bottle brush. No clue how they got here. Let's not even talk about the garage!!!

3-bizcard

A vegetable peeler that peels in stripes. I don't remember buying it and for the life of me can't figure out what I would use it for except maybe a cucumber.

This is one I know I purchased..and probably one of the more useful things in the junk drawer, even if I only use it twice a year.
A Peanut Butter Stirrer.
We don't eat a lot of PB...but for natural peanut butter the big pain is stirring in the oil.
This makes it easy and very little mess.

Peanutstirr

@sederango. I think that's a common zester. Or if it really cuts off a big strip, probably a cocktail gadget used to make citrus garnishes for drinks.

Photo_59
Kari Johnson

Kari is the manager of Whisk, a kitchenware store in Brooklyn.

@sdebrango It's a julienne slicer! I love mine. When i'm throwing together a small salad, or something for myself, and don't feel like using my mandoline, you can just julienne carrot/squash/anything with the peeler!

Dsc_0122.nef-1

a herb mincer that has 5 parallel wheels... now that you got me thinking about it, I think it would come in handy for making fresh fettucine pasta, but... it seems to have vanished w/o a trace!

Cakes

pasta serving gauge?

I see several people have mentioned not using their egg slicer. I went to a food demo where the chef was using an egg slicer to slice strawberries to cut uniform slices that she used to decorate the outside and top of a strawberry whipped cream cake. The evenly sliced strawberries made the cake gorgeious. The chef also used the slicer for mushrooms. Her egg slicer was all metal, not a cheap plastic. I had to go out and buy one; don't know that I'll ever use it for eggs.

i use my egg slicer all the time! i like the idea of also using it for strawberries. i agree about the pasta serving gauge. i have nut picks that have never been used however. they look sooo useful but i never seem to need them for anything.

Debbykalk-photo

I have a rubber spatula with a chipped blade and a slightly melted plastic handle that comes apart yet I can't part with it. It's the perfect size and balance and it really scrapes up every morsel in a bowl. I have no idea where I got it and my efforts to replace it have been flops - I've probably bought a half-dozen different products and none of them measure up. Suggestions welcome!

Dsc_0122.nef-1

thanks to this pickle, rediscovered the joy of using my old crinkle cutter for my salads, cucumbers really do look much prettier all waffled up!

Ozoz_profile

And I joined the clan with my special crinkled knife.....purchased yesterday in a fit of.....I don't know what - shopping madness?

Ozoz_profile

I absolutely love the egg slicer idea for other things! Genius....